From: Alain
Date: 14 Apr 2011 16:22:21
Message: <4da7577d@news.povray.org>
Le 2011/04/14 12:41, Darren New a écrit :
> On 4/13/2011 23:11, Warp wrote:
>> I don't really even understand why they are so fixated
>> about that "kind hypothesis" anyways, as if it was somehow crucial.
>
> Because we have examples of observed evolution of new species during
> sufficiently recent history that it's scientific evidence. Hence, they
> can't say a kind is a species, because then they'd be admitting
> evolution actually happens.

Since Darwin published his theory there have been many experiments made
to test it. Some are under way right now, several that where started way
back then.

Some preliminary results show mice and others that diverged from a
common stock so much as to be incapable to cross breed. Including with
decendents of the original population that lived under normal conditions.
You have mice that lived in total darkness, or high temperature, of near
freesing temperature, with very scarse food, almost no water, to much
water, that need to travel long distance to get food and water,... for
over 200 generations and counting.
You also have insects subjected to such environments for over 1000
generations.

We have created entirely new and distinct species that way.

Those very long term experiments are proving the validity of the theory.

Alain