From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 14 Apr 2011 15:52:10
Message: <4da7506a$1@news.povray.org>
>> decide between two competing products,
>
> He asks his experts and evaluates their response. *His* job is to
> evaluate which experts to hire.

I don't think he knows that. He seems to think is job is "to be in
control of *everything*, so I look as important as possible".

> Now, it's entirely possible he can't do
> his job either, but that's a different thing there.

;-)

>> been a complex, twisted mess of poor grammer, ambiguous phrases and
>> confusing sentence structure. WTF, people?
>
> I've noticed that sort of thing, yes.

To be completely fair, you *could* imagine that the guy wrote a document
that was clean and simple, and then a dozen people said "change X, take
out Y, add Z, rearrange these two sections..." and it ended up being
spaghetti.

Then again, this person's entire job function is to make it *not* be
spaghetti, so... that's not really much of a defense.

> It's possible your company hires lots of stupid people. It's possible
> your preconceptions make you notice their stupid bits and forget their
> smart bits. But generalizing that to an entire country makes *you* sound
> stupid even when you're not. See how that works? :-)

Well, I did point out it was a small sample size...

You've got to admit, when you read about stuff like people believing
that ID is real science, it does make you wonder what kind of people
live there. Then again, I sometimes wonder if the rest of the world
thinks us British people still wonder around wearing top hats and
tailcoats...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/