From: Darren New
Date: 14 Apr 2011 15:12:31
Message: <4da7471f$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/14/2011 12:04, Warp wrote:
>    Burning coal is only a temporary solution, and a bad one. I don't think
> poor countries need any more pollution than they already have.

Suggest an alternative. Note that "ox-driven pumps" is not an alternative. :-)

 > (After all,
> many parts of eg. Africa are already really polluted. For example, many
> rivers that used to be pristine 100 and even 50 years ago are nowadays so
> polluted that you could clean your paintbrushes in them. You certainly
> wouldn't want to swim in them.)

Sure. And some rivers in India are also polluted just because of how many
people live and bathe and crap in them. The problem is less "industry" and
more "people". Industry just lets you put too many people in too small a place.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like