From: Darren New
Date: 14 Apr 2011 15:09:27
Message: <4da74667$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/14/2011 11:52, Warp wrote:
>    When will the Americans realize that a two-party system does not work
> very well?

Oh, I think we figured that out a while ago. (Actually, it's not a two-party
system. It just devolved into that. There's nothing in the original
constitution about political parties at all, and it was one of the early
amendments that said the president and vice president had to come from the
same party.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelfth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

In any case, the real problem (as in any government) is when you realize
it's broken, it's the people already in power who have to make the change.
If you don't get it right to start with, it stays broken in any way that
benefits the continuance of the power of people in power.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like