From: Warp
Date: 14 Apr 2011 15:04:11
Message: <4da7452a@news.povray.org>
> On 4/14/2011 11:48, Warp wrote:
> >    And do you think burning coal is the solution?

> A solution to global warming? No.  A solution to running out of oil? Quite
> possibly.  A solution to having a power generation technology that a poor
> uneducated population can use without fear of actually killing people on the
> other side of the world when they screw up? Sure.

  Burning coal is only a temporary solution, and a bad one. I don't think
poor countries need any more pollution than they already have. (After all,
many parts of eg. Africa are already really polluted. For example, many
rivers that used to be pristine 100 and even 50 years ago are nowadays so
polluted that you could clean your paintbrushes in them. You certainly
wouldn't want to swim in them.)

--
                                                          - Warp