POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Other Dark Knight : Re: The Other Dark Knight Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Other Dark Knight
From: stbenge
Date: 14 Apr 2011 14:58:31
Message: <4da743d7@news.povray.org>
On 4/14/2011 9:52 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 04/13/2011 12:18 AM, Samuel Benge wrote:
>> The Lego mesh comes from Reuben Pearse (thanks!). The scene was
>> rendered with
>> focal blur and a micronormal for all surfaces (to soften the
>> reflections). It
>> was given post-processing glare, chromatic aberration and noise, all
>> in-POV.
>
> OK ... dumb question but I'm gonna ask it anyways ... micro-normals
> means micro in strength not scale correct? LOL ... with the kind of day
> I've been having I wouldn't be surprised if somehow I got it backwards
> ... :-P

It's a very small bumps normal with a slight bump_size:

  normal{
   bumps .03
   scale .001
  }

> Darth is probably my favorite super-villain as well. I mean who else
> gets his own universally recognizable theme song ... I'd be willing to
> bet you may have even hummed it to yourself while working on the scene ;-)

You're not far off... The song that was actually playing in my head was
the Dark Mountain Forest theme song from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to
the Past:
http://66.90.118.45/soundtracks/legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-original-soundtrack/ikkqzfoqud/13.-dark-mountain-forest.mp3

I think it was heavily influenced by Darth Vader's Imperial March...

~Sam