POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Other Dark Knight : Re: The Other Dark Knight Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Other Dark Knight
From: stbenge
Date: 14 Apr 2011 14:34:08
Message: <4da73e20@news.povray.org>
On 4/14/2011 12:08 AM, Reuben Pearse wrote:

> Great render! I was hoping someone was going to create a cool picture
> based on this model.

Thanks!

> I think I need to learn about the micronormal technique and apply it to
> my Stormtrooper render.

It's just a very small bumps normal:

  normal{
   bumps .03
   scale .001
  }

It only works well with focal blur.

All of the other material settings were changed too because I was going
to try glossy reflections with the averaged texture map technique... but
it was rendering too slowly so I ended up using a micronormal instead...
I didn't want to change the materials back, so everything got to have
this finish:

  finish{
   reflection{0.01, 1 falloff 2}
   brilliance 2
   phong 1
  }

> I've now uploaded the POV-Ray source code for my Stormtrooper
> mini-figure (NOTE: this is in POV-Ray 3.7 RC3) - see the following link:
> http://www.pearse.co.uk/lego/models/stormtrooper
>
> Bye for now
>
> Reuben

Cool. I'd like to get some of the other Lego libraries up-and-running
with POV. LGEO is a bit dodgy, and I haven't yet made a serious attempt
at using one of the Lego CAD programs.

~Sam