From: Darren New
Date: 14 Apr 2011 13:41:16
Message: <4da731bc$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/14/2011 9:59, Warp wrote:
>    So it's a kind of concession in the face of insurmountable evidence?

That's my understanding. I never heard of anyone talking about "kinds" vs
"species" until people started claiming "you've never seen species" and
others started saying "here's a list, yes."

For the same reason the nut-cases here are getting a platform to nut-case at
others, you're also seeing the more blatant and easily-refutable claims
being modified in a move-the-goalposts sort of way to account for the fact
that it's trivial to look up a list of known specieation events.

> Yet variation, speciation and natural selection is what the theory of
> evolution is all about.

Yep. The claim is now generally that God put all the information about every
species into the prototype "kind" creature, and you're not seeing any
change, just differences showing up, sort of like getting a tan.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like