POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old fart? : Re: Old fart? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:33:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old fart?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 14 Apr 2011 05:27:52
Message: <4da6be18@news.povray.org>
On 4/13/2011 7:30 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Am I old, or is it really unprofessional to publish an API and have the
> official documentation for the function call be "go read this guy's blog
> from last June to see an example of how to use this API"? Even if the
> guy is the one that implemented it?
>
> I mean, that's the crap I'd expect with like an OSS Drupal plug-in, not
> a supported product by someone like Microsoft.

Oh, you mean like posting an API reference, which refers to a demo
application, which isn't hosted on the site, and hasn't been available
since 1992, or so, when the original book the article was copied out of
was published (and it didn't occur to them to either a) use a different
damn name for their demos, instead of the same one for *all* of them, or
b) repost the source as part of the article? Nope, I expect literally
nothing less from Microsoft than this sort of crap. lol