From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 14 Apr 2011 04:53:40
Message: <4da6b614@news.povray.org>
On 4/13/2011 11:34 PM, Warp wrote:

>>> And even then it's not that controversial.  It's a relatively small
>>> percentage of scientists who study climate change who think climate
>>> change isn't happening.
>
>> I think it's more controversial what to do about it.  And at least there's
>> something that remotely *sounds* controversial about it, if you actually
>> read the original source stuff.
>
>    I would even go so far as to say that the controversial thing is not
> what to do about it, but that many people actually oppose the rational
> thing to do. "We should stop polluting our environment and depleting
> natural resources." I don't even understand what rational reason there
> is to oppose that idea. Is reducing pollution somehow a bad thing? Even
> if there was no climate change and everything was just and absolutely
> fine, we should *still* reduce pollution.
>
>    Pollution causes harm to humans. That's a fact. The only controversial
> thing in this whole thing is the people who want to continue polluting
> the environment.

In the minds of morons like the Koch brothers, it only effects humans
that can't a) buy cures, b) avoid the result, c) live in air/water/food
purified housing, and/or d) buy somewhere new to live, when the prior
place becomes too underwater, poisoned, unbreathable, radioactive, etc.
In short, it only effects the people that are not wealthy, and powerful,
and there are too many of them anyway, so a few less wouldn't be a problem.

If you believe that a) pollution will change things in a way that makes
the world better for you (the Kochroach brothers are among the ones
saying it will make more places habitable, increase farm production,
etc., not generate deserts, massive storms, and make some places
unlivable), or b) it isn't actually dangerous at all, its real easy to
not want to reduce pollution. If you are among the people most prone to
be fined *for* polluting it in the first place as well...