From: Invisible
Date: 14 Apr 2011 04:40:33
Message: <4da6b301@news.povray.org>
When I read stuff like this, I find myself wondering: Are all American
people actually stupid? Or is it merely a very vocal minority?

Refusing to believe that evolution is happening is approximately like
refusing to believe that the Earth is round. Yes, the Earth doesn't
*look* very round, and it's intuitively baffling that the people at the
bottom don't fall off, but the evidence is incontrovertible. Anyone who
still insists that it's a global conspiracy is obviously a nutjob.

Of course, America has a reputation for being crazy. I even saw an
advert for Californian peanuts which proclaimed "California has the best
nuts". But is it actually true? Or is it just a few loonies who make it
look like it's true?

(I don't know about crazy, but all the American people that I've
personally met have been notably stupid. Given the tiny sample size,
that's not terribly significant, however...)