From: Darren New
Date: 13 Apr 2011 22:24:21
Message: <4da65ad5$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/13/2011 15:31, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 00:18:41 +0200, andrel wrote:
>
>> - nobody (at least no scientist) knows 'the chemical origins of life'
>
> Now I didn't actually take high school biology, but I thought there had
> been some progress made in this area

Progress, but nothing definitive like *actually* making life.

>>   - 'global warming' is perhaps the only thing mentioned that comes
>> close to being a controversy in the scientific field.
>
> And even then it's not that controversial.  It's a relatively small
> percentage of scientists who study climate change who think climate
> change isn't happening.

I think it's more controversial what to do about it.  And at least there's
something that remotely *sounds* controversial about it, if you actually
read the original source stuff.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like