POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Scripting language for multiplatform distribution? : Scripting language for multiplatform distribution? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 08:49:32 EDT (-0400)
  Scripting language for multiplatform distribution?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 13 Apr 2011 18:38:05
Message: <4da625cd$1@news.povray.org>
Hi All:

   At last, after some 8 months, I'm nearly finished with my
lightmap-baking demo/tutorial. The technique I developed works great
within the limitations of lightmapping, but I've a problem deciding
which scripting language to use for a little external tool that is
necessary to write some files.

   I tried at first to use only POV-Ray for that, but there was a little
obstacle which forced me to use some external programming: I need to
read the geometry file exported by Poseray, to find the objects and
materials names... so I cannot use POV-Ray file I/O.

   As I'm used to write and read text files with PHP, I just wrote a
little script for use with PHP_CLI from the command line. It works
great for me, but perhaps it isn't a great choice for multiplatform
distribution... The problem is I cannot find anything better, as I will
prefer to distribute just a configurable text file.

   Any recommendations? (or perhaps I overlooked a way to do it only with
POV-Ray?)

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia