From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Apr 2011 18:31:42
Message: <4da6244e$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 00:18:41 +0200, andrel wrote:

> - nobody (at least no scientist) knows 'the chemical origins of life'

Now I didn't actually take high school biology, but I thought there had
been some progress made in this area - autotrophs create organic
compounds from inorganic compounds through photosynthesis - and I thought
I had read a couple of things recently about some advances that had been
made in understanding photosynthesis and even (maybe) in creating
something that is capable of photosynthesis.

>  - 'global warming' is perhaps the only thing mentioned that comes
> close to being a controversy in the scientific field.

And even then it's not that controversial.  It's a relatively small
percentage of scientists who study climate change who think climate
change isn't happening.

Jim