POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Other Dark Knight : Re: The Other Dark Knight Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Other Dark Knight
From: stbenge
Date: 13 Apr 2011 16:19:38
Message: <4da6055a@news.povray.org>
On 4/13/2011 12:53 PM, nemesis wrote:
> awe
>
> Samuel Benge escreveu:
>> I don't like villains
>
> not even the Brain? you know, Pinky's partner? :)

OK, I admit The Brain was pretty cool. All of his plans failed
miserably, and one has to wonder if he actually wanted to take over the
world at all :)

>> (not even the super kind), but Darth changed for the
>> better; he showed everyone that whenever you can still breathe (if
>> only barely),
>> you can change!
>
> redemption. Yes, a powerful theme.

Yeah, but my delivery was pretty generic :/ I should probably just stick
to posting images without the weak discourse...

>> The Lego mesh comes from Reuben Pearse (thanks!). The scene was
>> rendered with
>> focal blur and a micronormal for all surfaces (to soften the
>> reflections). It
>> was given post-processing glare, chromatic aberration and noise, all
>> in-POV.
>
> the chromatic aberration causes that extra photo realism.

It helps...

I had originally wanted to use radiosity for the light saber, but there
were too many artifacts. Instead I used an area_illuminating area_light
positioned along the saber, though POV's AIALs don't work properly with
light fading.

Sam