From: Alain
Date: 13 Apr 2011 13:40:58
Message: <4da5e02a$1@news.povray.org>

>    Following this from abroad, I don't know if this should be amusing or
> frightening...
>
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/antievolution-bill-tennessee-progresses-006545
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/intelligent-design-legislation-texas-006531
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/antievolution-legislation-florida-006524
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/02/antievolution-legislation-new-mexico-006469
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/second-antievolution-bill-oklahoma-006439
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/antievolution-legislation-missouri-006421
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/antievolution-legislation-kentucky-006389

The main problem with the creationists, is that they comfound theory and
dogma.
I propose a theory, you chalenge it, comfront it with your experiments
and observations. If it pass, we have explained something and have a
beter understanding of the world. If it don't pass, we continue
observing and experimenting until we find a beter theory.

I proclaim a dogma. If you chalenge it, you're WRONG! If you find facts
that don't support it, your facts are WRONG, or you invented them!
If the facts realy contradict the dogma, reject them or twist them until
they fit.

Another problem is that they stubornly refuse to acknolege the time
frame and the gigantic life pool implied in evolution.

They want to go from primitive proto-live cells to human in under 10000
years, some say 5000 years from Earth formation to now... In fact, we
are talking about some 2 to 4 billions years. We are talking of
population pool also in 100's of billions for unicellular organisms.
With generation times that can be as short as 20 minutes...

With those numbers, probabilities in the order of 0.000001% tend to look
as 100%.

Alain