From: Warp
Date: 13 Apr 2011 10:24:39
Message: <4da5b227@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> On 13/04/2011 2:27 PM, Invisible wrote:
> > http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2007/08/31/feedback-t-rex-and-humans
> >

> > I literally can't decide whether this is serious or not.

> I'm just gobsmacked.
> Be afraid be very, very afraid that there are people in the educated
> world that can ask those types of questions and those that will answer them.

  What I find curious is that, as far as I know, the majority of Christians
in the world don't believe that the universe is literally 6000 years old,
but that the first chapters of Genesis are figurative, a poetic description
of how the universe, the Earth and life came to be. The Young Earth
Creationists actually form a minority of all existing Christians in the
world. However, they are the most vocal ones, the ones who make the most
noise and, unfortunately for the United States (and perhaps a few other
countries), the ones who push it most into politics and education. This gives
the false impression that the vast majority of Christians are Young Earth
Creationists.

  Young Earth Creationists have a terrible aversion towards the theory of
evolution. The *only* reason for this aversion is that they perceive it as
an ungodly attempt at explaining the origins of humans by natural means,
rather than being created. However, although that's the only reason, they
feel such a strong aversion towards the whole concept that they extend it
well beyond that core reason and state that basically *everything* about
the theory of evolution must be false. (For example, what possible reason
can a creationist have to believe that genetic mutations are rare and
always destructive and cannot possibly explain the diversity of life?
There is no reason other than that they are just expanding their aversion
to the entirety of the theory and perceive it to be *entirely* wrong in all
possible aspects, even in aspects that don't really matter from a religious
point of view.)

--
                                                          - Warp