POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet research problem #45784 : Re: Internet research problem #45784 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet research problem #45784
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Apr 2011 11:38:17
Message: <4da32069$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/6/2011 10:04, Alain wrote:
> By the way, anybody know how to repair the windows fonts folder that stopped
> to works as intended? I can't install new fonts and the folder acts just
> like a regular folder. On Win XP.

I'm guessing you deleted the desktop.ini hidden system file from the
directory, which is what tells Explorer that it's an unusual folder. See if
putting these two lines into a file in your font folder called desktop.ini
and making it hidden and system does the trick. It has the secret GUID code
that tells Explorer what to invoke to modify what it displays.

[.ShellClassInfo]
UICLSID={BD84B380-8CA2-1069-AB1D-08000948F534}

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like