POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paris by night - final 1 : Re: Paris by night - final 1 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:28:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paris by night - final 1
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Apr 2011 03:46:35
Message: <4da2b1db$1@news.povray.org>
"TawnyOwl" <taw### [at] webde> schreef in bericht
> A great image and I am really looking forward to see the rest of the
> competition. I only wonder about the "halos" around the lights, are the
> bulbs
> outside their screening or inside? If outside it is o.k., but inside they
> must
> have an aspect more like a cone and not radiating in all directions like
> the
> spheres you did.

Thanks.  Lights are inside. I tried to modulate the halo in my eralier
version of the scene but I did not really like that. Anyway, the original
shows (almost) circular halos. This is something I shall have to experiment
with more, but for the time being I am a bit tired of this scene (almost
three month work) and want to move on.

Thomas