POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paris by night - final 1 : Re: Paris by night - final 1 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paris by night - final 1
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Apr 2011 03:38:10
Message: <4da2afe2$1@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Looking great so far, Thomas!

Thank you, Sam!

> Will you be using area_illuminating area_lights for this?

Well, I am not sure about this new feature and have not yet experimented
with it...

> You won't be using radiosity, though? Low-res, fading area_lights at each
> source
> for bounced light wouldn't hurt, though it will most definitely make the
> render
> times higher...

Radiosity is on here, though. It is really needed for overall illumination
of the dark parts by a screen behind the camera.

> You probably already know this, but when area_lights and focal blur are
> combined, you can reduce the area_light samples if jittering is enabled...

Yes, I have been testing several sample values to get the lowest possible.

> The final render is going to look awesome :)

I hope so :-)

Thomas