POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : crevice grime times 3 : Re: crevice grime times 3 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crevice grime times 3
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 10 Apr 2011 08:56:01
Message: <4da1a8e1$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/09/2011 10:53 PM, Samuel Benge wrote:
> Jim Holsenback<jho### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:
>> I've been giving Trevors crevice grime macro a try and I think I'm
>> getting the hang of it.
>
> Trevor has done a really great job with that. His method shows none of the
> typical artifacts associated with other types of inside/outside edge-detection
> (like proximity patterns).
>
>> Oh yeah ... check out the backside diffuse on the fern.
>
> Most definitely a great feature (C. Lipka? Thanks again!). It's a lot better
> than the double_illuminate feature (which was actually a surface normal bug
> way-back- hen).

besides the diffuse attribute I varied the filter value of the of the
leaf pigment to pick up the right about of sun light going through them

>> PS: don't be giving me the gears about the dark walls ... I'm workin' on
>> it ;-)
>
> Hey, what's wrong with the... oh, never mind :P

since I'm using all spots for lighting, some of the wall surfaces aren't
getting hit. maybe more bloom on the mezzanine light will help but I
think it's out as far as it should be now ... I think I need another
light source hitting that dark corner near the window wall.

> Nice usage of a 3rd-party code-base, Jim. I look at some of my contributions,
> and I wonder how *anyone* can use them :P

Thanks ... LOL if *I* can get some mileage out of some of your code,
then I pretty sure others have as well.