POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tips for finding a job : Re: Tips for finding a job Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tips for finding a job
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Apr 2011 05:29:48
Message: <4da0270c$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/04/2011 6:12 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 17:15:07 -0700, Darren New wrote:
>
>> On 4/8/2011 14:35, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/04/05/10-things-hr-wont-tell-you-
> about-
>>> your-resume/
>>
>> Actually, most of those are more like "tips for not finding a job." They
>> don't really give you an *answer* for most of the problems.

Yes things, what not to do.

> I don't know, #3 in particular (find the hiring manager or some way other
> than going through HR) is something I've actually done....

It is all very well saying that but for the ordinary person how easy is
it? I got my current contract by contacting a previous employer for a
reference who just happened to be looking for someone. Well done me! But
that was just luck.
The only one of the hints I would agree with is number 5 but then that
hasn't stopped Tek from getting a job (evilsuperbrain).

--
Regards
     Stephen