POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mars needs to get the heck out of the Uncanny Valley : Re: Mars needs to get the heck out of the Uncanny Valley Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mars needs to get the heck out of the Uncanny Valley
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Apr 2011 20:07:16
Message: <4d9d0034$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/6/2011 16:09, Kevin Wampler wrote:
> were people who had significantly more trouble reading eyes of actors but

I don't know. If you had an actor give a fake smile and asked "what is this
expression?" almost everyone would say "smile."  But if the smile doesn't
reach the eyes, that's not going to work well.

> panel for four judges, who decided upon a word describing the internal
> mental state of the actor.

Huh.  I'm still not convinced. :-) Not until someone explains how you pick
four judges with good judgement in such things.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like