POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Plug & play : Re: Plug & play Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plug & play
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Apr 2011 03:59:29
Message: <4d9c1d61$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/04/2011 08:33 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 05/04/2011 8:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> That's not been my experience. But more to the point, if you had a
>> problem and you don't write a review, you're not helping the next buyer
>> make an informed decision.
>
> I agree.

Well, perhaps. Perhaps if I actually bought hardware from Amazon instead
of the 10^17 other suppliers, and for every single one I wrote a long
description of why it sucks, the manufacturers might lose 0.02% of their
sales, and a tiny few people would be spared buying one sucky product
only to buy another equally sucky product. I doubt this is going to
bring quality back to the marketplace.