POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Plug & play : Re: Plug & play Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plug & play
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Apr 2011 13:08:29
Message: <4d9b4c8d$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/5/2011 3:14, Invisible wrote:
> I would pay serious money to obtain hardware and software which isn't
> infuriatingly awkward to use. But unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be
> an option. Nobody makes it.

I have found that is just plain how it works in video. I'm not sure why. I
haven't been able to find a capture card that will process HD coming off a
TV cable, in spite of every TV having this capability. The few capture cards
that *seem* to have this capability require you to use their custom playback
software that only runs on the same machine where you have the card plugged
in, which kind of defeats the purpose of capturing the stuff in the first place.

Find a set-top box that'll play files *and* record TV.

Don't even get me started on the PS3 usability failures. :-)

Every day I notice 101 minor things where I say "with a little thought (or,
if they didn't make the compromise this way) it would have been much less
annoying."

 > I doubt integrating whatever 3rd party code they bought into their own
codebase was a five minute job.

You'd be surprised.

 > What, fundamentally, can we do about this?

Shop someplace like Amazon where people give reviews that the company
doesn't get to vet.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like