POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Plug & play : Re: Plug & play Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plug & play
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Apr 2011 10:25:43
Message: <4d99d4e7$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/04/2011 01:43 PM, scott wrote:
>> The market theory is that if a device doesn't work very well, everybody
>> will buy a competing product instead. Except that, as far as I can tell,
>> almost all of these devices tend to be equally inept.
>
> Maybe it wasn't possible to make a better one for that price and still
> make a profit?

How hard would it be to add 3 lines of code to display the number of
files still to be copied? I mean, maybe it would actually be difficult
to add a second progress bar, I don't know, but I can't imagine adding a
little bit of text could be that hard.

There's already an option to reformat the internal HD. So why isn't
there one to format an external one? The necessary code obviously exists
already, so...?

Alternatively, if you actually need a PC, why not document this fact
correctly? If the drive has to have at least one empty folder on it,
document that too! (Weirdly, you can create and delete folders from the
device. You just can't until at least one empty folder exists, WTF?)

We're talking about tiny little changes that would have made a big
difference to how easy to use the product would have been. OK, making it
so that you can still change channel while a file copy is in progress
*might* actually be difficult. Most of the other stuff would have been
trivial.