POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It had to happen again... : Re: It had to happen again... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It had to happen again...
From: nemesis
Date: 31 Mar 2011 15:41:48
Message: <4d94d8fc$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New escreveu:
> On 3/31/2011 10:15, Warp wrote:
>>    Looking at the hardware specifications of both consoles, they seem
>> pretty
>
> I just noticed that things on the PS3 seem less ...  shiney. :-) Like,
> there's much more detail in batman's cape on the xbox than the ps3, from
> what I can notice without having them physically side-by-side.  Maybe
> the dev tools for that sort of thing are easier on the xbox, so more
> work goes into making it prettier.  Or it might just be my imagination. :-)
>
>>    There are many Xbox 360 games that have huge sceneries, such as the
>> Assassin's Creed series, Red Dead Redemption, Oblivion, etc.
>
> Yeah, that's the kind of thing I was thinking about. I've only
> personally seen it in Uncharted and inFamous, which are PS3-specific.

whatever the differences, they are pretty much negligible.  The bluray
would not allow for more anything than would be able to fit in the
memory at any one time.  Both consoles support huge open-worlds and the
360 GPU may have an edge on graphics (or artists just the bump up
spec/normal maps for the Microsoft console on multiplatform games).  The
bluray player just seems to allow for far more cinematics, scripted
events, history and voice acting, as seen in Uncharted, God of War 3 etc.

The recently released Crysis 2 is a huge open-world and has been awarded
king of graphics on consoles so far, with 360 with a slight edge at
this, that in the mouths of fanboys assume gigantic proportions.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9