POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : moai : Re: moai Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:28:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moai
From: stbenge
Date: 29 Mar 2011 21:01:10
Message: <4d9280d6@news.povray.org>
On 3/29/2011 8:45 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 03/29/2011 11:37 AM, stbenge wrote:

>>> It's mac/pc platform ... I'm on linux.
>>
>> Sculptris *might* work under Wine, though from what I've heard
>> (discussions from 2010) it may be buggy...
>
> just tried it and the tool itself works but the tool menu to the left
> doesn't have any labels (and no hints when hovering) ... I was able to
> push and pull on the sphere and deform it, so fail yes but /not/ epic

A minor fail, but a bummer nonetheless.

Every tool in Sculptris has a hotkey associated with it, so viewing a
tool palette is not 100% necessary. Can you undo your work and save it
as well? If you can save, undo your work, and use hotkeys, then you
should be good-to-go :) I'm not so sure about entering paint mode though...

>> Is dynamic tessellation working with Blender's sculpting tool yet? It's
>> really the way to go, as you can control the density of a mesh very
>> easily.
>
> I don't think so ... I found this blog entry (dated last summer)

http://farsthary.wordpress.com/2010/05/22/unlimited-clay-sculptris-hollygrail-soon-in-blender/

Yeah, I saw that. Farsthary is great at what he does!