POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : moai : Re: moai Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moai
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 29 Mar 2011 07:04:57
Message: <4d91bcd9$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/29/2011 04:23 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Jim Holsenback"<jho### [at] povrayorg>  schreef in bericht
>> This scene was fun ... The Moai came from the AIM Shape Repository, but
>> it was of fairly low quality. When I first brought it into my scene you
>> could visibly see the triangles, then I roughed him up a bit with a
>> fairly aggressive agate pattern. The scattering media turned out cool as
>> well.
>>

> Nice scene, Jim!

merci ...

> To get a better resolution, you can also pass the model through Poseray and
> use the subdivision utility.

I've not been getting any joy out of getting Wine running on my linux
machine ... the version in my platform repository is fairly old so I
tried to build from source without much luck. I started looking into
CrossOver last week but got diverted on other stuff. I'd like to get
Poseray up and running so I can convert more or of the models that I've
been finding ... there's a pretty limited number of models in .ply
format (which I can convert)