POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : moai : Re: moai Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moai
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 29 Mar 2011 06:53:55
Message: <4d91ba43@news.povray.org>
On 03/28/2011 09:49 PM, Samuel Benge wrote:
> Jim Holsenback<jho### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:
>> This scene was fun ... The Moai came from the AIM Shape Repository, but
>> it was of fairly low quality. When I first brought it into my scene you
>> could visibly see the triangles, then I roughed him up a bit with a
>> fairly aggressive agate pattern. The scattering media turned out cool as
>> well.
>
> Good one, Jim!

thanks ...

> Nice use of media. Is it contained by a box or global? I never had much luck
> with global media...

yeah global media IS a little harder to get it to behave like I'd have
hoped so it's containerized ... type 4 scattering

> BTW, have you ever tried Sculptris? It provides a much easier way to model
> things than other apps, if you're into that sort of thing.
>
> ~Sam

It's mac/pc platform ... I'm on linux. I've been using blender, but not
much lately. It has a sculpting tool but when I tried to give that a go
on this model, I found that I'd unlearned most of what I'd picked up
with casual use. Now that blender has hooks into povray I really need to
sit down and learn it proper. Blender is pretty nice ... and it fits my
budget too ;-)