POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paris by night - 1951 - wip : Re: Paris by night - 1951 - wip Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:29:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paris by night - 1951 - wip
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Mar 2011 03:04:20
Message: <4d918474$1@news.povray.org>
"Alain" <aze### [at] qwertyorg> schreef in bericht

> The first thing to do would be to alter the mesh used for the cobblestones
> for one that is more rounded. It may have a "broken" underside. You then
> can use a random stream to verticaly flip some of them.
> Then, also with a random stream, "forget" some.

Yes, that is one of the implementations I had in mind indeed, even extended
to 6 different faces. For the time being, I tweaked the surface representing
the dirt between the stones a bit further and the effect is better now. And
I put some more irregularities on the surface of the cobbles.

Thomas