POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paris by night - 1951 - wip : Re: Paris by night - 1951 - wip Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paris by night - 1951 - wip
From: Stephen
Date: 27 Mar 2011 03:56:20
Message: <4d8eeda4@news.povray.org>
On 26/03/2011 3:27 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Stephen"<mcavoys_at@aoldotcom>  schreef in bericht
>> On 26/03/2011 1:29 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> What is your impression?
>>
>> 1950's Paris.
>
> Yes, that was what I was hoping.

Well it is certainly what you said ;-)

>> Except, shouldn't Kathy be dressed more as a ragamuffin?
>
> Point is: I want to suggest a time mix. In b/w is the period Paris of 1951,
> while in color Cathy lives in a much later dimension, unaware of her
> surroundings. Not really convincing maybe, but that is the idea.

Great idea but I think it should be less subtle. Why not bring Cathy
nearer the camera?

>> I look forward to seeing the final render with atmosphere. It makes me
>> want to use/steal the print for my darkroom scene. ;-)
>
> The atmosphere is already there, but difficult to fine tune. There is a
> subtle scattering media beneath the street lamps which needs to be thickened
> a bit probably.

Oops!

Since the containers are quite visible I think Nekar's suggestion of
filling the whole scene with media would be the right method. Lights
with a fade_distance > 2 could be used for effect.

>> want to use/steal the print for my darkroom scene. ;-)
>
> You are welcome... ;-)
>
> Thomas

Thanks, Now I will have to cut some more paper.
I do like the idea of shared universes.

--
Regards
     Stephen