POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paris by night - 1951 - wip : Re: Paris by night - 1951 - wip Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paris by night - 1951 - wip
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Mar 2011 11:40:51
Message: <4d8e0903@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht
> You could try making the scattering media fill the whole scene as in the
> photograph. If everything disappears and you need more control, try using
> a density_map with 0 density at the camera and high density further away
> (that's what I did in my sunflower scene btw).

Presently, there is a background scattering media, in a separate light
group, for the night sky, and there is a scattering media in the street
which, however, does not reach the closest street lamp just behind the
camera. I did it that way for decreasing render time. I shall experiment
with your idea and include also the foreground in the media. The density
idea seems indeed a good suggestion here. Thanks a lot for that!

Thomas