POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paris by night - 1951 - wip : Re: Paris by night - 1951 - wip Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paris by night - 1951 - wip
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Mar 2011 11:27:20
Message: <4d8e05d8@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> schreef in bericht
news:4d8dfb20@news.povray.org...
> On 26/03/2011 1:29 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> What is your impression?
>
> 1950's Paris.

Yes, that was what I was hoping.

> Except, shouldn't Kathy be dressed more as a ragamuffin?

Point is: I want to suggest a time mix. In b/w is the period Paris of 1951,
while in color Cathy lives in a much later dimension, unaware of her
surroundings. Not really convincing maybe, but that is the idea.

> I look forward to seeing the final render with atmosphere. It makes me
> want to use/steal the print for my darkroom scene. ;-)

The atmosphere is already there, but difficult to fine tune. There is a
subtle scattering media beneath the street lamps which needs to be thickened
a bit probably.

Thomas