POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paris by night - 1951 - wip : Paris by night - 1951 - wip Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Paris by night - 1951 - wip
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Mar 2011 09:30:19
Message: <4d8dea6b@news.povray.org>
I believe it is time to reveal the state-of-the-art of my latest work for
the TC-RTC.

Left, is the original photograph by Sabine Weiss of a night time Paris
street in 1951, a period and place I remember well from my youth. Right, is
my reconstruction so far, mostly meshes built in Silo. POV-Ray 3.7 RC3 as
scene builder and renderer.

I made a quotation to another of Weiss's prints which I leave you to
discover yourselves ;-)  (Google is my friend)

This represents about two months work so far, with still a lot of details to
fill in, not in the least the electricity cables.

What is your impression?

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: