POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It had to happen again... : Re: It had to happen again... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It had to happen again...
From: Warp
Date: 25 Mar 2011 15:32:44
Message: <4d8ceddc@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Btw, I thought it'd be another guitar solo... and speaking of games, how much
> did you enjoy Alan Wake after all?

  I posted a semi-review in the past.

  The graphics and the storyline were absolutely superb (hard to find any
other game with such profound writing and storytelling), although the
gameplay suffers a bit from total linearity.

>  I recently bought a PS3 and finally got to
> grips with nextgen gaming.  I'm positively impressed with Assassin's Creed,
> classic Prince if Persia gameplay and mindblowing historical reconstructions...
> Never thought too high of Ubisoft, but I take my hat for this.

  I warmly recommend Assassin's Creed 2. I don't know how it is on the PS3,
but on the Xbox 360 it looks really gorgeous. They really pushed the
technical capabilities of the console. (The Xbox 360 often suffers from
surprisingly poor graphics compared to a top-of-the-line modern PC, most
probably because the console has so little RAM, but this game certainly
doesn't show such limitations.) I was also surprised how much I liked the
game otherwise (I was not expecting much because Oblivion pretty much
immunized me to the wonders of free open sandbox gameplay.)

--
                                                          - Warp