POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 'Nuther design contest site : Re: 'Nuther design contest site Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Nuther design contest site
From: Alain
Date: 24 Mar 2011 14:31:38
Message: <4d8b8e0a@news.povray.org>

> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 04:01:37 +0200, gregjohn <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
>> "gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>>> http://creativeallies.com/design-contests
>>
>> Stop me if I'm boring yall, but here's another, unrelated item.
>> I asked an astronaut on Twitter what a starfield actually looks like
>> outside the
>> window of a space shuttle.
>>
>> This was his answer:
>> http://twitpic.com/1jq6zi/full
>>

> I thought stars aren't supposed to show up in shots like this. Now I'm
> confused

When you are over the DAY side of the earth, no.

Relatively long exposure over the night side of the earth. We can see
that the camera had some rotation around a point in the top left area.

The bright red to yellow lines in the bottom, under the arc, are city
lights.
The green to orange arc is light scattered by the athmosphere.

Alain