POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : An Aquatic Alien : Re: An Aquatic Alien Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:26:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An Aquatic Alien
From: stbenge
Date: 21 Mar 2011 19:01:43
Message: <4d87d8d7@news.povray.org>
On 3/21/2011 9:57 AM, Warp wrote:
> Looks like something out of Spore...

I kind of thought so too (though I've never actually played the game).

> The lighting looks superb. Ever thought about trying to replicate (if
> not even improve) this with pov3.7's SSLT?

Thanks.

I might give SSLT a shot, but to tell you the truth (and to possibly
state the obvious) I'm impatient when it comes to rendering. Some
features take waaay to long. But then again, if I use Rune's
illusion.inc I would only have to render the SSS once, plus I could use
focal blur and blurred reflections and whatnot.

I've been wondering if SSLT could actually be sped up by making it
behave more like radiosity, where there are patches of luminance
becoming concentrated near "hot spots." SSLT's pixel noise can be so
difficult to smooth out...