POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Calibration : Re: Calibration Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calibration
From: Ive
Date: 21 Mar 2011 08:48:52
Message: <4d874934@news.povray.org>
Am 21.03.2011 12:36, schrieb scott:
> And extremely good eye-sight! The difference between grey level 254 and
> 253 will only give a delta-E of about 0.35 (in CIELAB space), it's
> generally assumed that a delta-E of 1.0 is "just visible". I suspect a
> lot of people who can "see" the separate boxes actually are seeing them
> because of incorrectly calibrated monitors (or viewing a cheap LCD
> slightly off axis).

Quite Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_difference

"a ΔE of under 1.0 is supposed to be indistinguishable unless the
samples are adjacent to one another."

Note the "unless the samples are adjacent to one another".

E.g. for medical display systems it is (in Germany) a requirement for
the monitor to be able to separate even the top rows and (believe it or
not) there are people who do see the difference without any problems.

But did you even care to read my post?
Where did I say that it is expected that you see the different boxes in
the *top* row?
Do you think it is a good idea to confuse people while I'm trying to be
helpful?
Are those rhetorical questions?

-Ive