POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Matinee : Re: Matinee Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matinee
From: Ive
Date: 21 Mar 2011 07:12:56
Message: <4d8732b8$1@news.povray.org>
Am 21.03.2011 00:07, schrieb Trevor G Quayle:

> Hopefully this is much better.

Hmm, it *is* brighter but I'm not so sure about *better*.
You have some quite distracting color banding on the rear wall and you
are completely loosing the dim movie theater feeling here.
The main problems within your previous version seems to me: almost 50%
of the pixels are pitch black (rgb 0,0,0) and plain black pixels is
something that should (for photorealistic images) be avoided like the
plague.
Even within this brighter version are almost 25% pixels just black (the
upper walls, ceiling, the pylons, the speakers and parts below the seats).
On the over hand you are not using the full dynamic range which makes it
look somehow flat. There is no need to make it overall brighter but
there is some need for bright spots.

> I tried to do some calibration with my monitor.

See my 'Calibration' post, it might help.

-Ive