POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a chocolate treat : Re: a chocolate treat Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a chocolate treat
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 20 Mar 2011 08:27:19
Message: <4d85f2a7@news.povray.org>
On 03/20/2011 08:46 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 20.03.2011 12:39, schrieb Jim Holsenback:
>
>> hey ... thanks for the pointers and link to the 3 point lighting write
>> up. Still playing around with a 3 light rig that I can easily change
>> (based on camera position) and I'm seeing MUCH better results
>
> Let us see what you have...

When I changed over to 3pt lighting rig the chocolate texture needed an
entirely different tune ... I was WAY too dark. Obviously previous
lighting was really hurting the subsurface effect. Now after change 5424
(and some light help) I'm more in the range for what I'd expect for
various other finish attribute (mainly diffuse) ... but the subsurface
pigment and translucency settings dialed in way more easier this time. I
/did/ have some greenish artifacts in the crevices that aren't there now
... 5424?? ... maybe more my lighting foo.

Anyway here's take 3

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'treat.png' (445 KB)