POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Matinee #2 : Re: Matinee #2 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matinee #2
From: Ive
Date: 18 Mar 2011 14:27:32
Message: <4d83a414$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.03.2011 15:20, schrieb Robert McGregor:
> Wow, they sure didn't have stadium seating here in Florida back in the 70s. And
> cupholders in the chairs, that's a 21st century innovation (and is what has made
> the movie theaters more money than anything else recently, since they typically
> /lose/ money on ticket sales).

Err, don't know about Florida but where I live this kind of chairs was
already replaced by much more comfortable ones (without the drop down
seats) during the mid 90ies of the last century within all major theaters.
And for the cup-holders: I remember the theater very well where 'The
Rocky Horror Picture Show' and later 'Blues Brothers' used to run at
late night and the cup-holders where called bottle-holder and did
actually alternate with ashtrays. And as far as I remember (too lazy to
look it up right now) the Rocky Horror Show was from the mid 70ies and
the Brothers from late 70ies.
But what really puzzles me: since when are those plastic cups in use as
I cannot remember that.

> The shot looks good, but I think it needs a bit more direct lighting coming from
> the screen, seems a little too dark overall.

Yeah, still unsure about the overall brightness, when making it too
bright the image looses its movie theater atmo - I think - but making it
too dark makes it look flat and uninteresting.

>I love the Bowie t-shirt, great touch!
;)

-Ive