POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Proof of concept: Edge detector (as pattern), sort of : Re: Proof of concept: Edge detector (as pattern), sort of Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proof of concept: Edge detector (as pattern), sort of
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 16 Mar 2011 18:18:49
Message: <4d813749@news.povray.org>
Le 16/03/2011 16:48, Trevor G Quayle nous fit lire :
> Le_Forgeron <lef### [at] freefr> wrote:
>> Le 16/03/2011 15:22, Trevor G Quayle a écrit :
>>>  I does look like you have some coincident surface at some faces.
>>
>> where ?
>> I failed to spot that.
>> Could you provide some indication ? (if on front-face, you might provide
>> the ring number and the hour)
>
> I have circled some of the incidences in the pic attached.  Perhaps they are not
> conicident surfaces but some other artifact.

Indeed, there was only one CSG-component there. I did say I did not like
the space distribution.

Here attached a test with an implementation which allow a map. (but
that's not SDL anymore). The object is sampled around the intersection
point in a sphere whose relative radius to the radius of the big sphere
(there is 3 of them) is the printed number.

Top object is the normal object with uniform texture.
The map is display around it with a gradient.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pp.jpg' (167 KB)

Preview of image 'pp.jpg'