POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Japan : Re: Japan Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:28:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Japan
From: nemesis
Date: 11 Mar 2011 16:30:00
Message: <4d7a9458$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson escreveu:
> I'm guessing everyone here has heard, but there was a massive earthquake
> in Japan about 12 hours ago.  Reports say it registered as 8.9.
>
> My brother in Osaka just reported that there have been (so far) 18
> additional earthquakes over 6.0 and over 100 aftershocks of at least 4.0
> (with 3/4 of them over 5.0), and that local news is saying this could go
> on for days or weeks.
>
> I don't even know how to react to this.  He's about 500 miles from where
> the first quake hit, and nearly all of the reported events are east and
> northeast of Tokyo, so he (and his family there) don't appear to be in
> any danger at the moment, but I've also got friends and colleagues in the
> Tokyo area.
>
> It's just staggering.

yes, been following.  I also remember Kobe some years ago.  You can see
where giant youkai and Godzilla legends originate from the sheer
devastation left...

I have a nisei aunt who says geologically Japan will eventually be wiped
off of world map, much like Atlantis of myth.

best regards to your brother!

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9