POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Japan : Japan Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:59 EDT (-0400)
  Japan
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Mar 2011 16:02:36
Message: <4d7a8dec$1@news.povray.org>
I'm guessing everyone here has heard, but there was a massive earthquake
in Japan about 12 hours ago.  Reports say it registered as 8.9.

My brother in Osaka just reported that there have been (so far) 18
additional earthquakes over 6.0 and over 100 aftershocks of at least 4.0
(with 3/4 of them over 5.0), and that local news is saying this could go
on for days or weeks.

I don't even know how to react to this.  He's about 500 miles from where
the first quake hit, and nearly all of the reported events are east and
northeast of Tokyo, so he (and his family there) don't appear to be in
any danger at the moment, but I've also got friends and colleagues in the
Tokyo area.

It's just staggering.

Jim