POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The mysteries of Erlang : Anmesia Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:02 EDT (-0400)
  Anmesia
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Mar 2011 05:59:48
Message: <4d78af24$1@news.povray.org>
>> Apparently there's a distributed database system written in Erlang,
>> but I didn't find any mention of
>
> Mnesia. They were originally going to call it Amnesia, but someone
> pointed out that naming a database system after an illness characterized
> by forgetting things is probably a bad idea.
>
> It's a cute little system, but it has its flaws.

> http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/mnesia.html

An object/relational hybrid "suitable for telecommunications applications"?

It says it has "extremely fast real-time searches", but it also says
that the query language is "an add-on library"?

Reading the rest of the documentation just made my head hurt. I
particularly love how a "table" can be "set", "ordered set" or "bag",
but only the first and last option are explained.

A reference manual is no way to learn how to use a complex system.