POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Atomiser : Re: Atomiser Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Atomiser
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 8 Mar 2011 07:45:30
Message: <4d7624ea$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/08/2011 08:20 AM, Stephen wrote:

> spotlight with the sun in your lightdome for a start and maybe a hint of

getting slightly better results using a different image in light dome,
(cityscape) ... I like the overhead spot look, so maybe the out in the
open sunset like I was using before was a poor choice.

> atomiser seems a bit foreshortened due to looking down on it.

yep that's exactly what was bugging me!

> I like the doily is it an image_map?

yes it is ... found a suitable image that had a black background. pulled
it into gimp and sampled the doily (real close up) in a couple of places
until I was able to get pretty much all of it ... then pasted it into an
image with transparent background