POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tourist Trap II (optical illusion) : Re: Tourist Trap II (optical illusion) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:10:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tourist Trap II (optical illusion)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Mar 2011 03:36:47
Message: <4d75ea9f$1@news.povray.org>
"Anton Sherwood" <bro### [at] poboxcom> schreef in bericht
> Here's my unfinished Tourist Trap: a staircase that converges to a
> point, so that from the ground it looks infinitely tall.

Hmmm... somehow, this is not as convincing as an optical illusion, mainly
because it is too visible that the stairs shrink from the sides.  I think
you should make the scaling more subtle and extend the image vertically.
Good start, though.

Thomas