POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Matinee : Re: Matinee Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matinee
From: Ive
Date: 7 Mar 2011 18:31:58
Message: <4d756aee$1@news.povray.org>
Am 07.03.2011 20:10, schrieb Trevor G Quayle:
> Now some of you may be asking "What film is our interpid little movie-goer
> attending that has got him so awestricken?".  Well in the previous example, he
> has saved his allowance for month eagerly awaiting Star Wars.  But perhaps he
> could be viewing Planet of the Apes and has reached the climactic the climactic
> finale.  Or maybe ended up in a theatre showing The Shining, and the blood has
> just started pouring out of the elevators.  Or maybe he bought a ticket for
> something else, but has snuck over to Fast Times at Ridgemount High and has
> reached the memorable scene of Phoebe Cates coming out of the pool.  Or perhaps
> he has snuck into something far more unsavoury and adult...

Thats great! I can even remember every theater where I saw each of these
movies ;)  As a long time moviegoer I feel very tempted by this
challenge, maybe I'll go for the volume light from the projector to the
screen - mostly because I have no idea yet how to effectively do that
within POV-Ray.
My movies of choice (as I do miss them in your list) would be an early
Ridley Scott movie or maybe the legendary one by John Carpenter...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. BTW also the CGSociety main
challenge "B-Movie: Attack of the 50 Foot..." sounds like fun...

-Ive