POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC site : Re: IRTC site Server Time
2 May 2024 07:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC site
From: Fabien
Date: 7 Mar 2011 04:57:24
Message: <4d74ac04$1@news.povray.org>

> ... making your offer depend on others weakens it quite a lot again. If you count on
/reliable/ support from others, it
> won't fly, as interruptions due to real-life issues are always a factor to be
reckoned with. Either it's "I'll be doing
> this, either way - anyone willing to help me is happily invited", or I'd expect
efforts to be doomed right from the start.

Asking other people to join is, precisely, a security in case of real-life
taking away precious time. I'm sure I can set something up alone in a few days,
but, if I go from 100% reliable to 80%, having 3 people able to offer 20%
reliability might fill the gap. Your formulation ("I'll be doing this..."),
though less formal, could do the trick, too.

Anyway, Edouard is taking a look at the existing stuff, so I won't interfere
right now with a "new site" hypothesis. I'll be doing it as some kind of
exercise, and will quietly tell about it once I've got something usable.

Fabien.